Apple OS X Server 10.5 - Certificate installation
Immediately after being issued, your SSL certificate will be sent to you by email. It is also possible to download the certificate from the Control Panel. The file containing the certificate will have the same name as the domain name it is meant for (for example: www_sslcertificaten_nl.crt).
Please Note: the root- and intermediate certificates must be installed before the domain certificate is installed.
Installation root- and intermediate certificates
- Save the root and intermediate certificates to the desktop.
- Navigate to Applications → Utilities using Finder and doubleclick on Keychain Access.
- If the button at the bottom left says Show Keychains, click on it to show the Keychain list.
- Select System keychain on the left.
- Select menu File → Import and select the stored rootcertificate.
- Give the password when asked.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the intermediate certificate(s); then close Keychain Access.
- Open the received certificate in TextEdit.
- Start Server Admin op en verbind met de server waarop het certificaat moet worden geïnstalleerd.
- Choose the server in the servers list.
- Click on the Certificates button in the top right.
- Select the icon of the opened CSR. Then click on the gearwheel icon on the bottom left and choose Add Signed or Renewed Certificate from Certificate Authority....
- Copy the entire contents of the certificate opened in step 1, including the beginning and end lines, and paste this in the available field. Click OK.
- Click Save. The certificate is now active and can be linked to services on the server (website, mail, etc.) by selecting the service in Server Admin, selecting the certificate, and clicking on Save.