ZPanel - SSL Certificate Installation
Immediately after being issued, your SSL certificate will be sent to you by email. It is also possible to download the certificate from the Control Panel. The file containing the certificate will have the same name as the domain name it is meant for (for example: www_sslcertificaten_nl.crt).
If you followed our Zpanel CSR manual, your private key should already be available in the '/var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/ssl' directory. It's advisable to rename the private key so that it matches your domain name, preferred even add the current year to the filename like; domain_ssl_2020.key Add the received bundle and certificate file to the '/var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/ssl' directory before continuing with the steps below.
- Login to the Zpanel admin area.
- Navigate to Server Admin → Module Admin → Override a Virtual Host Setting.
- Select your domain and click Select Vhost.
- Enter :443 on the port override field.
- Check 'Forward Port 80 to the Overriden Port' to have all visitors using HTTPS.
- Fill 'IP Override' with the required IP Address, or leave this field blank when you have just one IP address.
- Fill the custom entry with your SSL certificate as it is shown below:
- SSLEngine On
- SSLCertificateFile /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/ssl/domain_ssl.crt
- SSLCertificateKeyFile /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/ssl/domain_ssl.key
- SSLCertificateChainFile /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/ssl/domain_ssl.ca-bundle
- DocumentRoot "/var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/domain_directory"
- After saving you certificate installation should be ready in a minute or two.
All necessary steps to install your web server certificate have now been completed. Please make sure to adequately secure your certificate files, and to store a backup of your private key and web server certificate in a safe location. You should also install the root and intermediate certificates. Check whether the certificate is correctly installed with the SSLCheck and ensure an optimal configuration with these tips and settings.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you encounter problems or error messages.
Call us +31 88 775 775 0
Our SSLCheck will examine your website's root and intermediate certificates for correctness and report any potential issues