Windows Server 2016 Essentials - Installation SSL Certificate
This manual is for Windows Server 2016 Essentials. The wizard Access Anywhere will be used to install the certificate. Installing the certificate is also possible in IIS.
Immediately after being issued, your SSL certificate will be sent to you by email. It is also possible to download the certificate from the Control Panel. The file containing the certificate will have the same name as the domain name it is meant for (for example: www_sslcertificaten_nl.crt).
- Open the Windows Server Essentials Dashboard via Start → Windows Server Essentials → Windows Server Essentials Dashboard.
- Click Settings in the top right corner.
- A new screen will appear, click Anywhere Access, followed by click on Set up....
- Select I have the trusted SSL certificate information from my certificate provider and click Next.
- Open the certificate as a text file and copy the text. You will need to paste this at the next stap.
- Select the first option Copy and paste the encoded text from your trusted SSL certificate provider and paste the certificate here. Click Next.
- The certificate is now installed, any remaining settings of Access Anywhere can now be configured. To do this, open the Windows Server Essentials Dashboard. Click Close to finish this installation process.
All necessary steps to install your web server certificate have now been completed. Please make sure to adequately secure your certificate files, and to store a backup of your private key and web server certificate in a safe location. You should also install the root and intermediate certificates. Check whether the certificate is correctly installed with the SSLCheck and ensure an optimal configuration with these tips and settings.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you encounter problems or error messages.