Error message - 404 file not found
OWA suddenly stops after updates or a reboot, and gives the following error message: 404 file not found.
- Log in to the webserver and open IIS7.
- Collapse everything until you can see all websites. The one called SBS Web Applications should be in stop modus (it shows a small stop sign).
- Click right on Default Web Site and go to Edit Bindings.
- Delete the SSL 443 reference. This website is not used for SBS but still has SSL assigned, this causes the error message.
- Click right on SBS Web Applications and go to Edit Bindings.
- Double click on the 443 reference (or make a new one for SSL 443) and assign the right certificate.
- Click on OK until you're back on the website list.
- Click right on SBS Web Applications and go to Manage Web Site → Start.
- Test OWA, it should work now.
Call us +31 88 775 775 0
Our SSLCheck will examine your website's root and intermediate certificates for correctness and report any potential issues