CrushFTP - CSR Generation
This manual is for CrushFTP Server. The appliance has a built-in CSR generator which makes requesting and installing an easier procedure.
A Certificate Signing Request (CSR) is required when applying for an SSL certificate. This CSR (and private key) can be generated on your webserver. To request a wildcard certificate, fill in an * (asterisk) for the subdomain, for example *.sslcertificaten.nl (instead of www.sslcertificates.nl).
- Log into your CrushFTP appliance and navigate to Preferences, Encryption and open the SSL tab.
- Click on the Generate Now button and fill in the required information.
- After clicking on Generate the private key will be made and stored internally.
- The next step is to generate a CSR, this can be done by click on the Generate CSR button. You will receive a success message including your CSR. Save this, you will need it to request your certificate. End with OK.
- The private key will be stored within the CrushFTP appliance, so do not worry about not having it. You are now all set to request the certificate.
To order a certificate, copy the entire contents of the generated CSR, including the first and last line and all dashes.