Synology DSM6 - Certificate installation
Immediately after being issued, your SSL certificate will be sent to you by email. It is also possible to download the certificate from the Control Panel. The file containing the certificate will have the same name as the domain name it is meant for (for example: www_sslcertificaten_nl.crt).
- Log in to the webinterface of your Synology, open the Control Panel and select Security.
- Choose for Certificate and select Add. Select Add a new certificate and select Next.
- Select Import certificate and select Next
- In the Import Certificate window, you can select the required file via the Browse button. The field Private Key expects the file Server.key, which was generated and downloaded when generating the CSR. The field Certificate should contain your own domain certificate. And last the Intermediate certificate should be filled with the CA-Bundle for your certificate. This is supplied with the delivery of your certificate, or can be downloaded from our support pages. Then click on OK.
- Select under the Certificate tab Configure en select by Standard the installed certificate,..
- The certificate has been installed.
Note: The Synology NAS alternative port 5001 for HTTPS access to the webinterface, so it cannot be checked with out SSLCheck.
All necessary steps to install your web server certificate have now been completed. Please make sure to adequately secure your certificate files, and to store a backup of your private key and web server certificate in a safe location. You should also install the root and intermediate certificates. Check whether the certificate is correctly installed with the SSLCheck and ensure an optimal configuration with these tips and settings.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you encounter problems or error messages.