Plesk 11 - Generate CSR
This manual applies to Plesk 11. For older versions of Plesk we have other manuals at your disposal.
A Certificate Signing Request (CSR) is required when applying for an SSL certificate. This CSR (and private key) can be generated on your webserver. To request a wildcard certificate, fill in an * (asterisk) for the subdomain, for example *.sslcertificaten.nl (instead of www.sslcertificates.nl).
- Login to the Plesk 11 Control Panel.
- Select Domains from the menu to the left.
- Select Manage hosting next to the domain for which the CSR has to be created.
- Click Websites & Domains.
- Click the certificate icon: next to the domain name you wish to secure.
- Click Add SSL Certificate.
- Fill out the requested company data and fill out an easily recognizable name in the Certificate Name field (for example: the domain name). Click Request to create the CSR.
- If successful, the following message will appear: Information: New SSL certificate was added. To make it work, be sure to select it in website hosting settings (at Websites & Domains tab > domain name).
- The name of the indicated domain will now be visible next to Certificate Name in the section Certificates. Elements that are already present will be listed to the left. Select the domain name to show the details.
- If you scroll down the CSR will be shown in the CSR section.
To order a certificate, copy the entire contents of the generated CSR, including the first and last line and all dashes.