MDaemon - Certificate Installation
This manual is for Alt-N's MDaemon software. If the CSR was generated via the certreq.exe utility, continue reading. If you generated the CSR via IIS, switch to the IIS Certificate Installation manual.
Immediately after being issued, your SSL certificate will be sent to you by email. It is also possible to download the certificate from the Control Panel. The file containing the certificate will have the same name as the domain name it is meant for (for example: www_sslcertificaten_nl.crt).
- Save the certificate as a CRT file to your mailserver and place it in the same directory as the CSR (C:\ in this example).
- On the server, open a command prompt.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the CRT file (C:\ in this example).
- Enter the following command (substitute mail.xolphin.com.crt for the actual name of the .crt file which you received from us):
C:\>certreq -accept mail.xolphin.com.crt
- The certificate will now be available in MDaemon when SSL/HTTP configurations have been created.
All necessary steps to install your web server certificate have now been completed. Please make sure to adequately secure your certificate files, and to store a backup of your private key and web server certificate in a safe location. You should also install the root and intermediate certificates. Check whether the certificate is correctly installed with the SSLCheck and ensure an optimal configuration with these tips and settings.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you encounter problems or error messages.