IIS - create well-known folder
If you use file validation it is required to place a file on a specific folder location on the web server. The location needs to be an hidden directory, usually this is done by adding a dot in front of the folder name. Windows Servers do not allow you to place a dot in a folder name, therefore you need to follow the next steps:
- Create a folder on the C-drive, name it well-known. In the recent created folder create another folder named pki-validation. Example:
- Place the text file in the pki-validation folder.
- Open the IIS Manager on the server, right click on your site and select Add Virtual Memory....
- In the Alias entry fill in .well-known and in the Psychical Path entry fill in the path to the Well Known folder. Example:
- End with OK, the folder and files within should work properly now.