BEA Weblogic - Generate CSR
A Certificate Signing Request (CSR) is required when applying for an SSL certificate. This CSR (and private key) can be generated on your webserver. To request a wildcard certificate, fill in an * (asterisk) for the subdomain, for example *.sslcertificaten.nl (instead of www.sslcertificates.nl).
- Start the Certificate Request Generator by navigating to https://hostname:port/certificate. Please Note: replace hostname with the IP address of the server, and port with the SSL port of the server.
- In the CSR screen, the required organization details must be entered. You can also enter a password for the Private Key here, which is strongly advised. If this option is chosen, a conform PKCS-8 secured Private Key will be generated.
- The Certificate Request Generator will generate the following files (www.sslcertificaten.nl is used as an example):
- www.sslcertificaten.nl-key.der - the Private Key
- www.sslcertificaten.nl-request.dem - the CSR in binary format
- www.sslcertificaten.nl-request.pem - the CSR in ASCII format, to be used for the request
The existing file www.sslcertificaten.nl-request.pem can be used for the request.
To order a certificate, copy the entire contents of the generated CSR, including the first and last line and all dashes.