Apple Mac OS X Server - Certificate Installation
Copying the certificate to the server
- Login as server root
- If this folder doesn't exist, create it: /etc/httpd/ssl.crt/
- Copy cert.crt to the folder mentioned in step 2
Installation of a Certificate
To activate SSL on your website, follow this manual:
- In Server Admin, click on Web and choose Configure Web Service.
- Make sure that Enable SSL support is active for the entire site.
- Click on Sites and select the website on which you want the certificate to operate from and click Edit.
- Select Enable Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
- Click on Edit Certificate File, paste the text from the text file, and click Save.
- Click on Edit Key File, paste the text from the key file (key.pem that you created earlier) and click Save.
- Click tab to go to the pass phrase. Fill in the phrase and click OK.
- Select the log file location.
- Stop andn start the Web service.
Please Note: Web Performance Cache is not compatible with SSL. You can not have the Web Performance Cache and SSL for a specific website at the same time. If you do, Apache will fail to start. For more information, visit the following site: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107898