Plesk - Generate CSR
This manual is for Plesk 12. For older versions of Plesk, we have different manuals available.
A Certificate Signing Request (CSR) is required when applying for an SSL certificate. This CSR (and private key) can be generated on your webserver. To request a wildcard certificate, fill in an * (asterisk) for the subdomain, for example *.sslcertificaten.nl (instead of www.sslcertificates.nl).
- Login on Plesk 12 Control Panel.
- Click in the menu on the left on Domains.
- Click next to the domain, where the CSR needs to be created for on Manage hosting.
- Open the settings panel and click on Secure Your Sites.
- Click on Add SSL Certificate.
- Fill in the requested organization details and indicate a recognizable name at Certificate Name (for example the domain name and the current year). Click on Request to generate the CSR.
- When you succeed, the following message will appear: Information: The SSL certificate was added. To make the certificate work, select it in the website hosting settings (on the Websites & Domains tab)..
- The new certificate will be visible at the bottom of the page. Click on the certificate to see the details.
- Scroll down; the CSR will be shown below the subject CSR.
To order a certificate, copy the entire contents of the generated CSR, including the first and last line and all dashes.
Call us +31 88 775 775 0
Our SSLCheck will examine your website's root and intermediate certificates for correctness and report any potential issues