When you renew a certificate, you'll receive a new certificate with the same data as the last one, but with a new start- and end date. The remaining validaty from the old certificate will be added to the renewed one. This only applies to SSL certificates, not to digital signatures.
How can I renew a SSL certificate?
Please log in to your account to the Control Panel. Here you will find an overview of your certificates and the option to renew them. Your new certificate will be sent to you by e-mail, but can also be downloaded from the Control Panel. After having received the certificate, it has to be installed on your server.
What is needed to Renew my SSL Certificate?
- Domain Validation certificate:
- Organization Validation certificate:
To renew the certificate a new CSR is required. In addition, a domain validation is performed.
- Extended Validation (EV) certificate:
To renew an EV certificate both a new CSR and a signed application form are required. In addition, a verification call and a domain validation will be performed.
- For a renewal, the remaining validity in days of the current certificate will be added to the new certificate. This is only possible when the certificate type doesn't change.
- Renewal of a PDF signature, email signature or software signature is not possible, and you have to apply for a new certificate. The remaining validaty of the old certificate will be cancelled.
- As of 1/9/2020, the maximum validity term of SSL certificates is limited to 398 days. This means that the current renewal period has a maximum of 32 days.