Error - ssl error rx record too long
It's possible to see the message ssl_error_rx_record_too_long in your browser when visiting a website via HTTPS.
This boils down to an error in the SSL implementation on the server.
To correct the issue we should carefully look at the following options:
- Port 443 should be open and accesable on the webserver.
- Firefox 3 could show this error when using an different port than 443 for SSL.
- Apache 2.x has to be configured to use port 443; the modification needs to be done in ports.conf as follows:
Listen 443 https
- Every site using SSL should have it's own IP address, or should use SNI.
- Apache 2.x - it could happen that the vhost-configuration has to be changed: there we change <VirtualHost> into <VirtualHost _default_:443> to solve the problem.
- cPanel - When the account has been migrated with the pkgacct. This kan be solved by reinstalling the certificate.
When using a proxyserver that has not been set-up properly, this error could show as well.
Call us +31 88 775 775 0
Our SSLCheck will examine your website's root and intermediate certificates for correctness and report any potential issues