CrushFTP - SSL Certificate Installation
This manual is for CrushFTP Server. If you used our CrushFTP CSR Generation manual, you are able to follow this installation manual.
Immediately after being issued, your SSL certificate will be sent to you by email. It is also possible to download the certificate from the Control Panel. The file containing the certificate will have the same name as the domain name it is meant for (for example: www_sslcertificaten_nl.crt).
- Log into your CrushFTP appliance and navigate to Preferences, Encryption and open the SSL tab.
- Click on the Import Reply button.
- The Keystore Path and Keystore Password are pre-filled.
- Click on the Browse button next to the Import Certificate Authority Reply File and upload the certificate you received. Your certificate can be found via the control panel.
- Click on the Browse button next to the Trusted Certificates field and upload the root- and intermediates. These can be found in the bundle on our control panel.
- If needed, update Java on the server which CrushFTP is installed. This will ensure you are able to use the latest ciphers.
- The last step is to restart the HTTPS port. Navigate to Admin and open the ServerAdmin tab, you can restart the port here.
All necessary steps to install your web server certificate have now been completed. Please make sure to adequately secure your certificate files, and to store a backup of your private key and web server certificate in a safe location. You should also install the root and intermediate certificates. Check whether the certificate is correctly installed with the SSLCheck and ensure an optimal configuration with these tips and settings.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you encounter problems or error messages.