Set Two factor authentication
You can add extra security to your account by enabling Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). You can set this per individual user, not at the account level. You need an authenticator (including barcode scanner) for the use of 2FA.
What is two-factor authentication
When logging in with a password, you authenticate yourself. In order to reduce the risk of your login credentials falling into the wrong hands, you can add an additional authentication step. Two-factor authentication combines something you know (a password) with something you have (an authenticator). This will make your login a lot safer.
What do you need for Two-factor authentication
- A bar code scanner to scan the QR code with. If you have a Windows Phone, you can use your Windows Authenticator. For iPhone and Android devices you can use Authie or Google Authenticator.
- A password generator. For example, Google Authenticator for Windows Authenticator on your phone, or a Yubikey token. Note: We only support time-based authentication.
Enable two-factor authentication
Two-factor authentication can be activated via your account:
- Navigate to the tab Account in the Control Panel.
- Click on Activate for Two-factor authenticaton below the Account header
- Scan the shown QR code with your authenticatior, or fill in the Secret on the token.
- Your authenticator should display the return code, enter this in the Token field.
Login in with Two-factor authentication
When Two-factor authentication has been activated, the QR-code has been stored. The next time you login, you will be asked next to your password to enter the code that you generate with your authenticator. Without this authenticator you cannot log in.
Manage Two-factor authentication
After enabling Two-factor authentication it's possible to disable it again, in case you don't want to use 2FA anymore or to add another authenticator. To do this, navigate to the tab Account, and the under the header Account click on Disable next to Two-factor authentication. In case you cannot login because you lost your authenticator, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org