Cisco Content Services Switch 11500 - Generate CSR
A Certificate Signing Request (CSR) is required when applying for an SSL certificate. This CSR (and private key) can be generated on your webserver. To request a wildcard certificate, fill in an * (asterisk) for the subdomain, for example *.sslcertificaten.nl (instead of www.sslcertificates.nl).
To create the CSR from within Cisco ASDM:
- Login to the Cisco ASDM.
- Go to the Identity Certificates panel and click Add.
- If wished, an existing key pair can be used, or a new pair can be created. Creating a new pair is most secure, but it is possible that an existing certificate will be overwritten.
- Provide the CSR and organization details and click Select..
- In the Certificate Subject DN screen, provide the rest of the requested information, and click OK to close the window.
- Click on Advanced... To open the Advanced Options.
- Make sure that the FQDN: field shows the correct FQDN, modify it if needed, and click OK.
- At the bottom, click Add Certificate.
- Give a name and path to save the CSR.
To order a certificate, copy the entire contents of the generated CSR, including the first and last line and all dashes.