Barracuda - Generate CSR
A Certificate Signing Request (CSR) is required when applying for an SSL certificate. This CSR (and private key) can be generated on your webserver. To request a wildcard certificate, fill in an * (asterisk) for the subdomain, for example *.sslcertificaten.nl (instead of www.sslcertificates.nl).
This manual counts for almost all Barracuda products.
Creating a CSR
- Log in to the web interface on the website interface.
- Go to Advanced → SSL (for some Barracuda products: Advanced → Secure Administration).
- Enter the required organization details on the Certificate Generation page. Please Note: the provided Common Name must match the one in the Barracuda Unit Host Name; this is available on the page Basic → IP Configuration. Please Note: there are problems known with the use of wildcard certificates; contact Barracuda for more information.
- Save the changes by clicking Save Changes.
- Click Download next to Download Certificate Signing Request to download the CSR.
To order a certificate, copy the entire contents of the generated CSR, including the first and last line and all dashes.
Call us +31 88 775 775 0
Our SSLCheck will examine your website's root and intermediate certificates for correctness and report any potential issues