BEA Weblogic 6.0 - Certificate installation
Immediately after being issued, your SSL certificate will be sent to you by email. It is also possible to download the certificate from the Control Panel. The file containing the certificate will have the same name as the domain name it is meant for (for example: www_sslcertificaten_nl.crt).
- Save the received certificate file (for example: www_sslcertificaten_nl.crt) in the folder /wlserver6.0/config/mydomain (The private key that was created while generating the CSR should be here already.)
- If you also received a root and intermediate certificate file, save a bundle file ending in _bundle.crt here.
- Open the Administration Console of the server and go to the server configuration webpage. Click on the SSL tab.
- In the field Server Certificate File Name, enter the path to the certificate file saved in step 1, for example: /wlserver6.0/config/mydomain/www_sslcertificaten_nl.crt.
- In the field Trusted CA File Name, provide the path to the certificate bundle saved in step 2, for example: /wlserver6.0/config/mydomain/PositiveSSL_bundle.crt.
- Click Apply to save the settings.
- Restart the BEA Weblogic Server.
All necessary steps to install your web server certificate have now been completed. Please make sure to adequately secure your certificate files, and to store a backup of your private key and web server certificate in a safe location. You should also install the root and intermediate certificates. Check whether the certificate is correctly installed with the SSLCheck and ensure an optimal configuration with these tips and settings.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you encounter problems or error messages.