BEA Weblogic - Certificate installation
Immediately after being issued, your SSL certificate will be sent to you by email. It is also possible to download the certificate from the Control Panel. The file containing the certificate will have the same name as the domain name it is meant for (for example: www_sslcertificaten_nl.crt).
Combining Certificate Files
Before installing your certificate, you will have to merge your web server certificate, intermediate certificate(s) and root certificate into one single file. Your certificate might for example be called www_sslcertificaten_nl.crt. Names of the root and intermediate certificate(s) vary according to the type of certificate, but can be found in the e-mail that we send for delivery. Root and intermediate certificate(s) are usually included in the email containing the certificate.
- Open the web server (leaf) certificate belonging to your website, the root certificate and the intermediate certificate(s) in a simple text editor (for example Notepad, not Word).
- Move the cursor to the end of the last line in the open file containing the web server certificate and press Enter once, creating an empty line under ----END CERTIFICATE----- .
- Copy the entire contents of the file containing the second intermediate certificate (if relevant) and paste those contents on the empty line under the web server certificate.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 for the first intermediate certificate.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 for the root certificate. Your file should now have the following structure:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- <encoded data web server certificate> -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- <encoded data second intermediate certificate (if relevant)> -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- <encoded data first intermediate certificate> -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- <encoded data root certificate> -----END CERTIFICATE-----
- Save the file as following: www_sslcertificaten_nl-chain.pem.
- Note: www_sslcertificaten_nl should be replaced with the domain name that was used in the application for the certificate.
Your certificates have now been merged.
Copy the saved .pem file to the folder /wlserver6.0/config/mydomain .
Now configure the Weblogic Server for use with SSL:
- Open the Server Configuration window and click the SSL tab.
- In the field Server Certificate File Name,provide the name and path of the saved geef de naam en pad op van het opgeslagen .pem-bestand, bijvoorbeeld: /wlserver6.0/config/mydomain/combi_www_sslcertificaten_nl.pem
- In het veld Server Key File Name, geef de naam en het pad op van de Private Key. If it is created via the website, it will also be in /wlserver6.0/config/mydomain .
- Make sure that SSL is activated.
- Set the SSL Listen Port to 443.
- Make sure that Client Certificate Enforced is not checked.
- Click Apply to save the changes. Restart the Weblogic server.
All necessary steps to install your web server certificate have now been completed. Please make sure to adequately secure your certificate files, and to store a backup of your private key and web server certificate in a safe location. You should also install the root and intermediate certificates. Check whether the certificate is correctly installed with the SSLCheck and ensure an optimal configuration with these tips and settings.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you encounter problems or error messages.