Install Exchange on iPad
This instructions describes how you can set an Ipad to synchronize with an Exchange server.
- Install the most recent version of iTunes (Apple Menu > Software Update).
- Make a full backup of the iPad. Setting up Exchange ActiveSync will remove all local contacts and calendar appointments.
- Make sure the iPad has a working connection to the internet (WiFi is reccomended).
- Be sure that the Exchange server with which a connection is being made is running atleast Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 or later.
Configure Exchange ActiveSync
- Tap Settings on the home screen, and tap Mail > Contacts > calendars.
- Tap Add Account... .
- Select Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter the information of the Exchange account:
- The full email address
- By prefrence, an Exchange domain (such as ICT, but not the internet domain name (no company.com).
- The Exchange username (what preceeds the '@' in the email address.
- The Exchange password
- A description (optional)
- Tap Next. The iPad will attempt to use Autodiscover to configure the Exchange account. Please Note: This can take up to 5 minutes.