Apple OS X Server 10.5 - Generate CSR
A Certificate Signing Request (CSR) is required when applying for an SSL certificate. This CSR (and private key) can be generated on your webserver. To request a wildcard certificate, fill in an * (asterisk) for the subdomain, for example *.sslcertificaten.nl (instead of www.sslcertificates.nl).
- Start Server Admin and connect to the server on which the certificate will be installed.
- Choose the server in the Servers list.
- Click on the Certificates button at the top right.
- Click the + button at the bottom left.
- Fill in the required CSR and company fields.
Note: Leave the value of the Valid From/Expires On at 365 days; this field is only of importance for self signed certificates.
- Click Done and then Save.
- Click the gear wheel icon at the bottom left and choose Generate Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
- Drag the icon to a folder or to the desktop to save the CSR. Click on Done.
To order a certificate, copy the entire contents of the generated CSR, including the first and last line and all dashes.
Call us +31 88 775 775 0
Our SSLCheck will examine your website's root and intermediate certificates for correctness and report any potential issues